All Content Copyright to Somewhere Down the Centerline. Powered by Blogger.

Just Smack Her If She's Naughty!

>> Friday, May 14, 2010

Okay, okay.. I know.
I'm a bad blogger, and I owe you guys 2 extra blogs.
.... And you will get them.. Tomorrow! I promise.

Anyway, today I'd like to give you a little overview of the other characters in Horse and my story. Tomorrow I'll catch up on my life, but you'd be as lost as all get out (Hear that Southern twang!) if you didn't know the ponies and people also involved.

So, of course, there's the..

Boss Mare :: AKA tiny but dangerous trainer. Boss Mare runs the show, attracts large horses and Jack Russels, and reminds a certain teenager to use her brain. She has a voice that can be heard from miles away, and despite this, someone purchased her a microphone to give lessons through... I've yet to understand the logic.

The Queen :: Not to be confused with the Boss Mare, who is actual just one of her tiny minions (I would be the other..). The Queen is 17.something hands high and massive. She also is the highest trained horse in the barn and knows it. Sugar and cookies are both used to win her affections, and while not obnoxious, she does have an "are you not blessed to be in my presence?" air. So far, we are friends.

The Princess:: Also 17+ hands, she is the sweetest, MESSIEST horse. She's beautiful and cuddly and all that jazz, but like any good princess, she cannot, will not, positively won't keep her bell boots on. Duct tape will only prolong time until she loses them, and I can't help but wonder if she's not a little disappointed when I come hiking over to sling another one on. Like, dang! When will her prince come?

Bubba :: The Princess's full brother, freshly turning three. He's kind of gangly, at 17+ hands too. Do you see the pattern?? He and I have a morning scratch and cuddle fest. I figure these two are like yoga instructors.. Very zen and at peace with the world, but can make their bodies do some crazy stuff.

Anyway, I must sleep. This is the first night the barn cat hasn't sat outside of my door and meowed!!!

-- Girl

3 comments:

Michelle Wadley May 15, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Lindsey! You're an awesome writer! Thanks for sharing!!!

Michelle Wadley May 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

And PS...Don't despair! I haven't written anything on my blog for MONTHS!!!!! I'm a REALLY, SUPER BAD blogger!

Girl May 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Thank you!
:)
I know what you mean.. It's harder than it sounds to keep a blog updated.

Post a Comment


Girl, age 13. Horse, age.. A couple days?

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP