All Content Copyright to Somewhere Down the Centerline. Powered by Blogger.

Not Enough Impulsion and Other Dressage Mishaps

>> Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hey,

So today was my first full day as a working student.. Due to a special farrier visit and a slight miscommunication, I worked 7am to 730pm with a 30-40 minute lunch break.

I can't feel my feet. I spent twenty minutes sitting there, staring at my computer, and contemplating dinner. Did I have enough energy to eat even? Cook?? You must be joking. Luckily, I found it in me to zap some instant mashed potatoes, corn, and fake fried chicken(vegan, but so good)... Gone are my visions of perfectly balanced meals.

Horse decided to break out her holy terror side. Instead of riding, we got a lunge lesson. I think I have, "Stop moving! Stop going with her! Make your own circle!!!!" ingrained into my brain. She also discovered the two minis in the pasture next to her and spent all morning either squealing at them or whinnying for real horses.

My other equine charge is the complete opposite.. So quiet, so sensible. Glitter reminds me so much of my first horse (Horse's mother. Who proves that sanity is NOT inherited), but she doesn't have that sparkle that Horse has..

Anyway, enough of my rambling! I can barely think full sentences, so it's off a good dose of ibuprofen and sleep!

Sorely yours,
Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Girl, age 13. Horse, age.. A couple days?

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP